Going green for campers can be a challenge for those who have never done it before. In a world of instant, disposable items, having a green camping experience can be jarring for people who used to modern conveniences. Nevertheless, it is possible to go green while camping. Here are five devices that makes the going a little easier for the environmentally-conscious.
2C Solar-Powered Baseball Cap
1) The 2C Solar-Powered Baseball Cap has a solar panel on the top that collects sunlight and stores it in a small battery. On the bottom of the cap rim there is a series of LED lights, which provide a light source useful for such things as reading maps at night that is always available as long as the sun is out during the day.
2) The Lightcap 300 is an innovative gadget that combines a water bottle with a solar-powered LED lantern. The bottle can be used to store water or sensitive documents in a watertight container that also boasts a powerful light source. This combines two functions in one, making it another green camping must-have.
Solar Pocket Shower
3) The Eco-Friendly Solar Pocket Shower heats up water by using the sun’s energy. It consists of a portable bag with a plastic nozzle that holds up to ten liters of water. All the camper has to do is full it with water, let it sit in the sun for a while, and then hang it over a tree limb and shower. The holding capacity should make for about seven minutes of shower time.
Freeloader Globetrotter Kit
4) The Freeloader Globetrotter Kit is a collection of supplies designed to charge portable electronics. It comes with the Freeloader, which charges a wide range of electronics, from Mp3 players to GPS locators. In addition, the kit comes with the Supercharger, a flexible weatherproof solar panel that can be attached to a backpack or bike rack that makes it easy to use with the Freeloader.
EyeMax Wind Up Solar-Powered Radio
5) The EyeMax Wind Up Solar-Powered Radio with LED Torch Light combines a radio powered by a wind-up winch and a solar panel, depending on whichever is necessary. Thirty seconds of wind-up gives thirty-five minutes of listening time. In addition, the LED torch light provides a powerful light beam that can provide a powerful light source at the cost of decreased battery life.
So there you go! Five really cool eco-friendly gadgets so that you can enjoy the great outdoors with a touch of style!
Happy Camping !